Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Aggregating by filtered Textbox

Hello All,

Below is the formula for my calculated field in the QV Pivot that aggregates sum by WEEK_NUM, how can I aggregate the sum by what I select in the WEEK_NUM listbox ? That is if the weeks selected in WEEK_NUM list box show up in the WEEK_NUM=()

Sum

({$<QUARTER={'SEP-11Q'},WEEK_NUM={1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13}>} MGMT_DIRECT_PLAN)

Thank you,

Michael. 

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

If the expression needs to repond to the selections, please remove WEEK_NUM from set analysis. I am not sure if I understand you correctly.

However you can try adding the following expression instead of hardcoding the numbers:

WEEK_NUM = {"$(=Concat(WEEK_NUM,','))"}

Kiran.

Not applicable
Author

Kiran, Thank you for the response !

MGMT_DIRECT_PLAN - is the amount, I am trying to aggregate by week of the quarter. So, WEEK_NUM is a dimension, with members 1 through 13. I have a WEEK_NUM listbox in which I select  weeks and as a result i have  the sum of MGMT_DIRECT_PLAN by selected weeks. I have variable Total =SUM ({$<QUARTER={'SEP-11Q'},WEEK_NUM={1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13}>} MGMT_DIRECT_PLAN)

that gives me a total of weeks 1 through 13 regardless of what i have selected  in teh WEEK_NUM textbox.

What I am building is a calculated field, amount of through selected week as a percentage of total

.So what I need to build is  something like this

SUM ({$<QUARTER={'SEP-11Q'},WEEK_NUM={1,2,3,4,5,6,7}>} MGMT_DIRECT_PLAN) /

SUM ({$<QUARTER={'SEP-11Q'},WEEK_NUM={1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13}>} MGMT_DIRECT_PLAN)

But I would prefer the nominator to be a live variable, that is to respond what I select in the listbox WEEK_NUM

Thank you again !

Not applicable
Author

Kiran, Thank you for the response ! MGMT_DIRECT_PLAN - is the amount, I am trying to aggregate by week of the quarter. So, WEEK_NUM is a dimension, with members 1 through 13. I have a WEEK_NUM listbox in which I select  weeks and as a result i have  the sum of MGMT_DIRECT_PLAN by selected weeks. I have variable Total =SUM ({$} MGMT_DIRECT_PLAN) that gives me a total of weeks 1 through 13 regardless of what i have selected  in teh WEEK_NUM textbox. What I am building is a calculated field, amount of through selected week as a percentage of total .So what I need to build is  something like this SUM ({$} MGMT_DIRECT_PLAN) / SUM ({$} MGMT_DIRECT_PLAN) But I would prefer the numerator to be a live variable, that is to respond what I select in the listbox WEEK_NUM Thank you again !