cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Matt
Contributor III
Contributor III

Aggregation functions in noconcatenate load

Hello, how can I perform aggr operations in noconcatenate load? While using edit expressions, I am getting error (you have attempted to apply numerical expression, which is not uniquely defined for specific variable). Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

To count you'll need to use a count() and a group by:

CustomerCount:
Load count(Distinct Name) as CustomerCount
From ABC
Group by Name;

-Rob

View solution in original post

9 Replies
sunny_talwar

Do you want to share what are you trying? may be share images or a sample to elaborate on your issue?
Matt
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I have two tables with same structure and I want to perform, f.e. count of name (customers) from second table. Can I use alias like in SQL? I now that I can use FieldCounter, but want to learn how to deal with these issue in noconcatenate load

Data:
LOAD

ID,

Name,

[Business segment],

[Estimated Amount]

FROM

ABD;

Orders:
NOCONCATENATE

LOAD

ID,

Name,

[Business segment],

[Estimated Amount]

FROM

ABC;

sunny_talwar

Would you be able to demonstrate this with a few rows of data as to what exactly are you trying to do? or can you show what exactly you would handle this in your sql?
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

To count you'll need to use a count() and a group by:

CustomerCount:
Load count(Distinct Name) as CustomerCount
From ABC
Group by Name;

-Rob

Matt
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Can I somehow manage this in edit expressions?

Matt
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Let's say my edit script looks like this and I want to create pie chart with information about favourite color (dimension color and count(name) ??) but only from second table. I want to do this in edit expression, not in edit script mode. Is it possible?

sunny_talwar

but you mentioned noconcatenate load? where you do you see edit expressions in the script?
Matt
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Edit expressions while building a chart

sunny_talwar

Then use Count(DISTINCT Name)... I mean I am not even sure what you have and what you are looking to get... you have been very vague... do you have a sample you can share?