Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Luke_Killer_IT
Creator
Creator

Aggregation problem

Hello 

Is it possible to add a middle data selection or do you have any idea how I can do it ? 

Because the problem is that the command Max(table with date ) does not aggregate my results 

Luke_Killer_IT_1-1659445345357.png

Labels (4)
6 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

I'm not really clear on what you're trying to achieve here and what source data you're trying to work with, but generally speaking, if you want subtotals (or sub-max) you should be using a pivot table rather than a straight table, with the relevant Totals enabled (at the dimension level).

Luke_Killer_IT
Creator
Creator
Author

@Or  so in the screenshot in the first column is displayed the highest date (max(date)) in the next column is written the date
and I'm interested in the result 07.07.2022 which is calculated like this SubField(MaxString({<SA_Wert.SpaltenID={7}>}SA_Wert.DecWert),';',1).the problem is when I delete the 2nd column it shows me nothing 

Or
MVP
MVP

I'm sorry, but I can't seem to understand what it is you're trying to achieve and what you actually have.

If you're looking for the value associated with the maximum date, consider using FirstSortedValue().

Luke_Killer_IT
Creator
Creator
Author

@Or I already explain in more detail . The maximum date must coincide with a given value, but this is not the case. The value was a string, but in the script I converted it to a numeric. as you can see in the screenshot, the corresponding result matching the maximum date is not selected.

Luke_Killer_IT_0-1659615203924.png

marcus_sommer

It looked that you have not the right dimensionality - either within the chart or in the data-model. Therefore try it again and at first simplified with the date as dimension and as expression:

if(date = max(date), sum(value))

- Marcus

MarcoWedel

please post a small sample application that demonstrates the problem.