Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Alerts & QlikView publisher

All,

I am totally struck with this issues and badly need your help.

Problem:

We are hosting 3 different dashboards on our new Server. These three dashboards have publisher tasks to reload the QVW. We would like to send job failure notifications to different email id's for different jobs. Currently publisher only allows to configure same email id(s) for all job failures. I also tried to use the alert option for this, but it is only working to send success notifications but not for failure notifications.

Could you please let me know is there any option available in QlikView to achieve this?

Regards,

Murali

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

There is no standard capability to achieve this.  There are couple of possible ways you can achieve this but neither are perfect.

1 – Set a 2nd job to follow from the 1st job but only when it fails, inside this 2nd job have an empty reload script and an alert to fire off your email.  You can probably make use of some parameters to save having to use lots of documents too.

2 – Trigger/Monitor the jobs outside of QV using EDX.  This way you can programmatically start a task monitor its status and handle a failure if required.

Cheers

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

There is no standard capability to achieve this.  There are couple of possible ways you can achieve this but neither are perfect.

1 – Set a 2nd job to follow from the 1st job but only when it fails, inside this 2nd job have an empty reload script and an alert to fire off your email.  You can probably make use of some parameters to save having to use lots of documents too.

2 – Trigger/Monitor the jobs outside of QV using EDX.  This way you can programmatically start a task monitor its status and handle a failure if required.

Cheers