Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alistairross
Partner - Contributor III

All values below limit error message text

Hi,

I am currently in the process of making our dashboards vary depending on the language of the user, but I have come across a problem. For heatmaps (and various other charts), if the values of a selected metric are negative, a 'All values below limit' error message displays. This is expected, and I understand why its doing it. My problem is that I want to be able to change that message so that it (along with the rest of the dashboard) is dependant on the language of the user.

Is there anywhere where I can change the error message text. I can't seem to find it in the error message list in the chart options, and setting a default error message doesn't make any difference. Could somebody point me in the correct direction, or tell me that it is impossible!

Thanks in advance!

Alistair

6 Replies
marcus_sommer

I think you will need to define your own error-messages in all needed languages probably in the same way how you managed this with your other gui-objects:

- Marcus

alistairross
Author

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I had tried that option, but it didn't seem to make any difference (see below).

heatmap_error_message.PNG

Are there any other places where this error message could be set?

Thanks

Alistair

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

It looks like 'All Values Below Limit' is not on the list of error messages that can be customised. In any case, you cannot use an expression as the error message, so I don't think there is any straightforward way of having the messages display in the language of the user's choice; unless they are opening the document in desktop (installed with a chosen language set).

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
alistairross
Author

We have had no problems with setting other custom error messages with functions which produce the correct text.

I was hoping that there might be a place to set this, as with the other error messages. Our users access the dashboards through the Ajax client, so we need a solution that can work through that. If there is no way to set this, then I will raise it with Qlik as a suggestion for future development.

marcus_sommer

Wouldn't be the first point in list "General" (for all kinds of error) caught any unlisted error-types?

If not it would be necessary to use the sixth point from the list - calculation condition - which need to be calculate maybe with something like if(rangemin(exp)<0,0,1) or with some kind of aggr() to check the lowest value.

- Marcus

alistairross
Author

Its a shame that the General error message doesn't work.

I think you are right about the calculation condition. I wanted to avoid a cal. condition as we already have a couple on conditions in there.

Thanks for your help!