Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlikwiz123
Creator III
Creator III

Alternate State issue

Hi,

I have an issue with the alternate state I created for my use case.

Requirement:

When I select a month in the list box, I need to show the difference between the Selected month and the remaining months in the column.

For example, I selected Jan in the list box; the result column shows (Jan-Jan), (Jan-Feb), (Jan-Mar).... So the value changes dynamically with the selected month.

I am using Sum(total {A} Customer)-Sum(Customer) as my Alternate state expression in order to achieve the below requirement

My problem is, when I create the Alternate state for the very first time, it works and shows the right values in the last column. But after sometime, it stops showing the right values and gives incorrect values. Even if I clear all the selections and make fresh selections, it won't show the right intended values. But whenever I create a new Alternate state again and use it in the expression, it works. But it goes back to giving the same issue.

12 Replies
qlikwiz123
Creator III
Creator III
Author

v12.10 SR6. No, apart from a couple of system variables, no user variables are there.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

There is something I don't understand from your sample.  If I try to recreate, JAN is filtered out of the chart if I select JAN in State A?

-Rob

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Some thoughts to consider:

1. This behavior (works with a new Alt State, but then stops working...) sounds like a bug, but it might be also driven by other logic in the app that is not described in the post.

2. I'd like to know what State each object / sheet belongs to, in order to even try troubleshooting.

3. Ideally, seeing a small sample app would be the best.

cheers,

Oleg Troyansky

Upgrade your Qlik skills at the Masters Summit for Qlik - coming to Prague this April!