Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Alternate dimension on expression selection

Hi,

I got a problem grasping the dimension / expression concept. Sadly Google isn't making it much easier. I simplified the issue a bit in order to keep this short.

What I currently have are two tables;

Table PURCHASE_ORDERS:

Contains PK PURCHASE_ORDER and PURCHASE_ORDER_ITEM

Table FLOWDIRECTION:

Contains PK PURCHASE_ORDER, PURCHASE_ORDER_ITEM and PUR_FLOW

Now PUR_FLOW can have two values (YES, NO) and I made a pie-chart with the Dimension being PUR_FLOW, and the expression being COUNT(PUR_FLOW). This leads to a correct chart. However when I select value 'YES' in the chart it puts PUR_FLOW = 'YES' into the current selections, I would like it to add all the associated PURCHASE_ORDER & PURCHASE_ORDER_ITEM numbers (together) into the selection (that correspond with value = 'YES'). How should I specify this in Qlik?

Thank you.

2 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Create a field with the concatenated value PURCHASE_ORDER & PURCHASE_ORDER_ITEM.

Then select 'YES' in your chart and right click on a list box with the new field and select 'Select possible'.

Now you have your explicite selection, if you want it (it's not necessary, due to QV's associative calculation engine).

You can also try creating a calculated dimension in your pie chart  (since the selection will be done on the underlying dimension of the selected chart value):

=Aggr( ONLY(PUR_FLOW), PURCHASE_ORDER, PURCHASE_ORDER_ITEM, PUR_FLOW)

ElizaF
Creator II
Creator II

Hi.

You can use the CONCAT function.

In order to be displayed the associated values for PUR_FLOW = 'YES' , you can create a Text object with expression:

=If(PUR_FLOW = 'YES' ,Concat(PURCHASE_ORDER &'_'& PURCHASE_ORDER_ITEM, ' ').