Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

App distribution

Hi All,

I searched but could not get the licensing thing.....

My need is that I want to make several apps and distribute it to area/departmetnal managers and CEO who can just do analysis and no changes in objects/scripting etc. What Licensing will serve my purpose and what will be the expected cost as per http://www.qlik.com/us/explore/pricing.

4 Replies
pauljohansson
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,
To connect to a QlikView Server (QVS), each client needs a Client Access License (CAL). The CALs are purchased with QlikView Server and tied to the server serial number.
Depending on how many Qlikview reports you have and the specific usage scenarios of the users, you might go for a certain CAL.
The different CALs are described on page 81 in Qlikview Server Reference Manual,
regards
Paul
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Well,

If you user base is below one hundred people you can buy a SBE (Small Business Edition Server). This licence support up 100 Doc Cals and 25 Named Users.

If each user access more than 3 documents buy a named user to he/she, document cal otherwise

Not applicable
Author

Hi All,

What does mean by Doc License? User can access only one QV file?

Ok, what if I want to make QV apps and sell to people? How can I do that? There are some apps which may be general and do not need customization?

Please advise.

pauljohansson
Creator III
Creator III

Document Cal:

A Document CAL is assigned to a unique and identified user who may access only the one QlikView document to which the Document CAL is assigned.

If you want to sell Qlikview consultant services and license, you need to contact Qlikview for partnership,

br

Paul