Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Applymap not working

Hey everyone,

Here is my code :

HR_EMPLOYEES:

mapping load

ATTRIBUTE5,

EMPLOYEE_ID

from HR_EMPLOYEES.qvd(qvd);

test:

LOAD

RESOURCENAME as ATTRIBUTE5,

Applymap('HR_EMPLOYEES', RESOURCENAME) as employee_id,

EVENTCODEID,

EVENTDATETIME as Event_shift_time

from OtherTable.qvd (qvd);

In the output of table "test", the "employee_id" field is supposed to contain the values of EMPLOYEE_ID (in HR_EMPLOYEES), but it doesn't, the field employee_id contains the same values as ATTRIBUTE5.

I really don't get why 😕

Any idea?

thank you for your help

Laura

13 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi Laura, with this last test you've done you can try to create a table box with EMPLOYEE_ID and EVENTCODEID, if both values are in the same row, then a linked value exist, otherwise HR_EMPLOYEES.ATTRIBUTE5 is different than test.ATTRIBUTE5.

If can upload a sample we can get you a direct solution instead of guiding tests.

Not applicable
Author

Ok, I have resolved my first trouble, now I have another applymap which is not working :

Code_event_tl:

mapping LOAD

EVENTCODEID,

EVENTCODENAME

from EVENT_CODE.qvd (qvd)

;

test:

LOAD

RESOURCENAME as ATTRIBUTE5,

Applymap('HR_EMPLOYEES', RESOURCENAME, 'null') as EMPLOYEE_ID,

Applymap('Code_event_tl',EVENTCODEID, 'null') as Event_shift,

EVENTCODEID,

EVENTDATETIME as Event_shift_time

from OtherTable.qvd (qvd);

This is the "Event_shift" value which always returns null... whereas the Code_event_tl table is a simple table with 7 rows.

I also notice that when I look at the "schema view" ( where you can see the tables and the relationships), there is a lonely table called "$orphan_EVENTCODENAME" and it contains EVENTCODENAME.

What is that ?

Thanks again

Laura

rubenmarin

I never saw an $orphan table, so I have no idea, anyway, have you tried to use the Distinct clause like in the last map?

Not applicable
Author

Mapping $Orphan

I might have found the problem