Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Associate launch trigger with a value in a field

Hi,

I can associate launch trigger with a button but want to know if it is possible to associate a launch trigger to open an external file e.g. Word or PDF with a value in a listbox?

Many thanks.

4 Replies
bgerchikov
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi,

You can launch a trigger as follows:

Settings--> Document Properties --> Triggers --> Field Event Trigger. Then select the field and proceed the same way as a botton.

Hope this helps

Not applicable
Author

Hi there,

Yes I know and have tried to do excatly same as you are saying but it didn't work that's why I put this question up on community site. I attach an example file.

Can you get it worked??e.g. when you select File A - it opens a file, select File B  and it would open another file and so on..

bgerchikov
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

If it doesn't work for you, try to use Info functionality.

in Rob Wunderlich cookbook (http://robwunderlich.com/downloads/) it used to launch QVW files from the listbox. It works very well.

Hope this will help

Not applicable
Author

Launching trigger works with a button that is not a problem but when I use launch trigger on a value in a field it doesn't work. I am trying to open an external document when a user selects a value in a field. Is it feasible?