Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Associate some value with every row in expression

Hi everyone,

I have some values to be associated with a huge table only by one dimension. To avoid joining them in load script I want simply  to Concatenate several rows and use them in expression. With set analisys like {$<Field1={'AddedRows'}>} I get these values but only one per dimension not per each row. Is it possible, can anybody help me?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Creating a new table with Organization and New Field is the best option instead of concatenating into the existing table.

Regards,

Jagan.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Can you elaborate further? Could you post some sample lines of records and your requested result in the chart?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

FilterDateOrganizationMaterialNew Field
Old row01.01.2016Organization 1Material 1
Old row01.01.2016Organization 1Material 2
Old row03.01.2016Organization 2Material 2
Old row03.01.2016Organization 3Material 1
Old row03.01.2016Organization 3Material 3
New rowOrganization 1Val 1
New rowOrganization 2Val 2
New rowOrganization 3Val 3

As above I concatenated several rows with one dimension "Organization" and "New Field" with values. I need to associate them with "Organization" in every row of a chart

swuehl
MVP
MVP

If you want your New Field values to be associated to and by Organization, have you considered either

- using a table with two fields Organization and New Field, linked by Organization to your huge table

- using a MAPPING table and ApplyMap() to map New Field values to you huge table when LOADing the huge table

?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Ya, but this table has about 100 000 000 lines and  10 - 15 values to associate with them. And left join does it well but  I thought this  way could be more compatible

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Creating a new table with Organization and New Field is the best option instead of concatenating into the existing table.

Regards,

Jagan.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Exactly, it seems that's i've been looking for. Just a new table... Thanks a lot Jagan, best regards

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Ok, that's why I suggested two ways, one being a linked table.

If you are using a linked table, note that the JOIN will be executed implicitely in the front end aggregation enginge, if you are using two fields from your two tables in the same aggregation.

There are also ways to use a single MAPPING LOAD table to map multiple fields, using a concatenation / split approach.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You are right, swuehl. But I realized that having read another post. Thanks