Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Associations

Hi

Can anyone tell me if its possible to create this type of association in qlikview please?

associated.jpg

I have about 250,000 records where each row holds a location and account(s)

Account_A denotes an invoice address, so I also want to be able to see the other associated accounts_B & account_C under different locations.

The end user should be able to select either a location or an account (A/B/C) and see all other accounts and locations that are associated to it.

many thanks in advance for help and suggestions

2 Replies
Digvijay_Singh

Can you share sample data to achieve desired results? If possible you can share the image of expected output.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Yes, you can create a data model like this in QlikView. However, since you are using circular references, associations will be cut in various places. This simply means that selections will not propagate across these associations. While the reload engine will propose best-effort cuts, you can assign these cuts to different locations if you want to

In any case, I would strongly advise against doing this because it is counter-productive with many anomalies or unexpected consequences (you are trying to plug a non-QlikView datamodel into QlikView) and various other solutions are available that do work as expected.

Review your data model and check whether you can remove the circular references by either duplicating dimension tables, adding their values to the base tables, creating link tables or by turning your data model inside-out.

An introduciton to removing circular references can be found here: QlikView 11 Developer Tutorial - part 18