Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Automate report in little steps

Hi,

the question of automating reports has been here before, I have searched and found it, too. I cannot, however, set up an email account on the server and all that. Thus I have to look for another way of minimizing the effort it takes to draw this report on a daily basis.

I tried with setting a trigger on opening the document to activate a certain sheet, run the script and set a bookmark on the current month - a dynamic search expression (on the field >Monat<) that I had created earlier,

>> = Monat=Month(TODAY()) <<

It works fine - but for the bookmark. That is not set and unfortunately, without setting this bookmark, the report does not currently show anything.

Can anybody give me a hint here?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

1 Reply
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi,

I guess this is either some bug in the SW or - more probable IMHO - it is due to the restrictions on my PC - I am not ADMIN, as all of my colleagues.

I tried some other possibilities rgd. the bookmark and I even tried replacing it with a static bookmark, but nothing worked - activating a bookmark seems just not to work, regardless how I intend to do it.

Can anyone here think of a readon? Is QlikView accessing any Windows_components for activating bookmarks which might be blocked?

I don't intend to change it for it doesn't make sense when it works for me, but not for the users, but it is annoying. I would like to understand.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

P.S.: Well, half of it works - I have to manually apply the bookmark, but clearing it on leaving the worksheet works 😉