Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Automate the Reloading of Script from the point it failed?

Hi All,

Suppose we have a script having multiple tabs and while reloading one tab gets failed,so can we reload the script from the failure point rather than loading the full script and Is it feasible to automate the process of reloading the script? Can Publisher schedule a task for the same?

Thanks..

6 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

If the reload fails then the document reverts to the state before the reload. Only qvd's that are generated during the failed reload are changed. So it doesn't make sense to restart the script where it failed unless you're generating qvd's (or other exports). And if that is the only thing you use the script for then you can create separate scripts for each qvd you generate and schedule those scripts directly in Publisher. You don't need a .qvw for that.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Gysbert but in my case I will be creating qvd's at the end of every tab in the script(Approx 9 qvd's from 9 tabs). So what I understood is instead of having all the 9 tabs in one script,I can create 9 separate scripts and schedule it is publisher .

But my one script will have dependency on another so can scheduling them separately will work fine?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can chain tasks by requiring that a task starts only when another task completes successfully. So for the one script that depends on another you would add that condition. The rest you can schedule independently of each other.

Not applicable
Author

Can you please tell me what sort of condition will trigger the chain task . Some sample script will be helpful.

Thanks.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

See this discussion for where to find the option in the QMC: Re: Scheduling of documents // "On event of other task" AND/OR "dependency"?

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Gysbert. This seems to be helpful.