Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nancy_sbeity
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Automated method to allocate Tokens to Users

Hello,

Is there any way to allocate automatically Tokens to users in qlik sense? I mean If I have 100 Users, I need to open the Hub for the first time for each user ( 100 times/100 users) and then allocate 100 tokens to 100 users ( 100 times).

Thank you

4 Replies
simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Nancy,

Depending on your requirement you can add in a rule which gives anyone hitting the box a User Access Token. Just put in "userId like *" in your rule.

It gets a bit more complicated if you want to give user access tokens depending on an AD group. You can set a rule to do this automatically, however, when a new users hits the Qlik Sense hub, it does not immediately assign the user a token. Qlik Sense first synchronizes with the User directory connection and after that synchronization has taken place, it can then successfully apply the rule.

This means that the user will hit the hub once, get an access denied error, wait 5'-10' and then everything will work fine.

If there's a more clever way to achieve the same, please enlighten me.

Thanks,

Martin

apechard
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi,

You have to create "User access rules" :

- In the QMC, open "License and Token"

- Access "User access rules" or "Login Access rules" based on the type to be assigned automatically

- Click on "Create new"

- Set the assignment rules (group, user ...)

- Validate

Hope this helps!

Angélique

rmnvncnt
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Any update on this issue? I'd like to allocate tokens to all users originating from a given user directory. I've set up a "User access rule" to do so, but the rule never triggers and I still have to allocate the token by hand.

jok
Employee
Employee

When creating user access rules, there is an option for userDirectory, therefore your rule would be:

((user.userDirectory="user_directory_name"))