Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Automatic browser refresh does not work

Hello All,

I am using QlikView version 11. I have enabled the setting - "Refresh mode when Document is Updated on Server" with the value -

"Server performs refresh automatically without client action". I have also enabled the option "Enable Push from server".

I am using QvAjaxZFC. When the document gets reloaded the client browser does not get refreshed automatically unless I click somewhere on the web page. However the same thing works fine with IE plugin.

Has any one faced this issue ? Is there any solution for this to work in AjaxZFC (without clicking) ?

Regards,

Samir Prasadi.

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I think this works as intended.

With the document being published via http I don't think there is a pinging process whereby the client checks if there is a fresh version from the server, other than when the client asks for a data or screen refresh.

Jonathan

Not applicable
Author

Then how does it works well using IE plugin ? I was expecting that the same functionality will work consistently no matter which plugin we use.

Regards,

Samir

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I don't know. I seem to recall the plugin uses a qvp protocol (I've not used it in a long time) and I think acts the same as if you're using the QlikView Desktop tool to open a file in server. In essence the plugin is more qlikview than browser, and therefore I suspect handles the pinging I spoke of.

Jonathan

Not applicable
Author

Yes it uses the qvp protocol. Any workaround we can use like simulating the F5 key functionality or other options to get the data in browser automatically ?

Regards,

Samir

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You could have a macro running that sleep for a few seconds then makes a selection. Not sure this is advisable for performance reasons however, and your user will probably get the ugly 'reconnecting to server' message popping up.

Jonathan

Not applicable
Author

Yup .. I am experiencing it. Thanks for your reply.

Regards,

Samir.