Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Automatically reload data to QV file when any backend data changes..

Hi All,

I have implemented security to my QV file, so now its working fine, but once the user tries to reload all the data is being shown on the QV file.

1- how to restict /hide the script and reload option from user ?

2- How to give the full acess to the admin? as if am loggin with admin id its just acting like the user acess.

3- How to reload the QV file (how to scedule the QV file) ,once the back end data is getting changed.

as if i am adding some data in backend then without reload the same wont be reflected in QV file, and again i want to hide the option reload for the users. So how to reload the QV file automatically?

Please help me out.

Any help will be appreaciated.

Thanks,

Mahasweta

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

For security implementation you need to use the Section Access and for reloading the data when DB is changed, you need to set a trigger out side the QV to know whenever there is a change in Data. Once you know data is updated just run a refresh.

Regards,

Amit

Not applicable
Author

Hi Amit,

Thanks a lot for the reply.

Exactly you are right ,i want to refresh the QV /reload QV once the backend data is upadted.

Could you please tell me how to go about the same?

Writing a trigger outside QV , that means i shoulw write a triger in the database to know for any updation in the database.

Then how to connect this trigger to QV so that QV will automatically refresh, is there any sceduler in QV, so that i can scedule the file to be refreshed with some regular interval, or what will be best way to solve the same.

Thanks,

Mahasweta

Not applicable
Author

Hi ,

Please provide me some solutions please.

I need this urgently.

Thanks,

Mahasweta