Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ivandrago
Creator II
Creator II

Autominimize Chart possibility

Hi,

I have the attached document, I want the following scenario to happen:

If the user double clicks the Bar Chart I want the Bar Chart Detail to appear underneath the Bar Chart

If the user double clicks the Pie Chart I want the Pie Chart Detail to appear underneath the Pier Chart

Whichever one they double click on I want the other chart and detail to minimize back to its side position?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Ivan,

That's not really possible with autominimizing. You need to write a macro to do this. The macro would restore 2 objects at a time, and hide the others (just to make sure they're hidden). An elegant way to do this would be to hide the charts conditional on a variable. For example, you first minimize group would be shown on condition that vHide1 = 1, you second group that vHide2 = 1, etc. The macro for group 1 would set vHide1 = 1 and vHide2 = 0. Then it would restore both charts. You would then associate each macro with a button and display all the buttons for user selection off to the side.

Regards,

View solution in original post

2 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Ivan,

That's not really possible with autominimizing. You need to write a macro to do this. The macro would restore 2 objects at a time, and hide the others (just to make sure they're hidden). An elegant way to do this would be to hide the charts conditional on a variable. For example, you first minimize group would be shown on condition that vHide1 = 1, you second group that vHide2 = 1, etc. The macro for group 1 would set vHide1 = 1 and vHide2 = 0. Then it would restore both charts. You would then associate each macro with a button and display all the buttons for user selection off to the side.

Regards,

Not applicable

I've been monkeying around with a test QVW file that we have for a problem I'm working on and I think that this is possible in QV 10 or above.  If you go to Settings->Sheet Properties->Triggers and then find the sheet objects, you can add Actions to OnActivate and OnDeactivate for each sheet object.  From the Add Action dialogue box, you can choose Layout and then choose Activate Object or Maximize Object. 

Let me know if that works for you.