Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rsdhavle
Creator II
Creator II

Avoiding rows in whole table based on one column

We have one straight table which has 3 dimensions and 6 metrics(expressions). Based on one metrics values lets say if one metric has 0 values and we have to avoid that row in whole table how to do that?.

If possible please share the example as well.

2 Replies
sbaldwin
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi, the way i have done this kind of thing in the past is to create a calculated dimension which will return one of your dimensions then use the aggr function in the definition of this calculated dimension either return the dimension or not, then click the suppress when value is null button, so if one of your dimensions is DimA (you also have DimB and DimC)  and your expression is count(Exp1) then you would replace the DimA with

if(AGGR(count(Exp1),DimA ,DimB ,DimC) <>0 ,DimA )

Thanks

Steve

rsdhavle
Creator II
Creator II
Author

HI Steve,

My expression is like

if(sum( {$<RDate = {$(=Rdate2)}>} Rev1) >>0,(((sum( {$<RDate = {$(=Rdate1)}>} Rev1 )) - (sum( {$<RDate = {$(=Rdate2)}>} Rev1 )))/(sum( {$<RDate = {$(=Rdate2)}>} Rev1 ))) * 100,0)

When we use this expression with the provided formula, it is not working for me. how to use this in your expression?