Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Bar Chart - Drilled down of specific field

Hi,

I was wondering if someone knew this answer to this query.

I have 2 fields, one called Level3desc and another called Level4desc.  These fields show the software and subsoftware of a call that is raised on our helpdesk.  Therefore Level3desc may show Microsoft Office and Level4desc may show Word 2010.

What I want to achieve on my bar chart, is that if I click the Microsoft Office part of the bar chart (which may show 50) calls, I want it to be able to drill down into the subsoftware categories (therefore another bar chart occurs in place of the existing one possibly showing:  Word 2010 25 calls, excel 2010 10 calls, access 2003 5 calls, other 10 calls)

Is this Possible.

Regards,

Jon Ditchfield

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

No need for another bar chart.  In the Dimensions tab of the chart, click Edit Groups. Create a new drill-down group with Level3desc and Level4desc then use this as you chart dimension.

Hope this helps,

Jason

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

No need for another bar chart.  In the Dimensions tab of the chart, click Edit Groups. Create a new drill-down group with Level3desc and Level4desc then use this as you chart dimension.

Hope this helps,

Jason

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your help Jason