Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Batch Reload and Access Section

I have been asked to implement an automatic reload on a Qv file.

My problem is that Qlik is installed on a server, with a license assigned on a single network user, wich runs qlik via remote desktop. But this network user is "shared" among different people (not at the same time). So, I put an access section in the script, so that only the authorised people can access the QV file.

In this situation, I couldn't find a way to use the batch procedure because, either it is asking for the authentication, or, adding an ADMIN user with * for username and password and SERIAL field, the QV file can be opened without any authorisation.

Is there a solution for this case, or I am supposed to buy another license just for the batch job?

Thanks

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi All,

Am facing the same problem.

Is there any way like adding the script in batch reload by specifying username "Admin" and password "Admin"

Eg: c/qv.exe /r <any command to override security> c:/Qlikviewfiles/sales.qvw

Your suggestions is really appreciated

Thanks

Sunil

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Sunil,

As far as I know, there is no such command to pass section access parameters to a batch reload in QlikView.

You can read all users from the active directory, create a section access based on that info, and allow users to perform reloads (being one of them the user running the process). I don't see any easy solution for this.

Anyway, the QlikView server does that.

Regards.

Not applicable
Author

Hi
Miguel,

I have one query regarding this,

My client is using QV 10 and the Dashboard which I am handling is having very crucial data and there are few other Qlikview users who are having access to the main Qlikview Server. Currently they are not able to see my dashboard but what will happen if I schedule Reload jobs on server for that dashboard?

Because of security reason I used Batch files for reload but my Dashboard is having section access script in it so even if schedule it by batch it will ask me to enter user name and password so please suggest me some way so that I can reload my file by maintaining confidentiality.

Regards,

Yojas