Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
karthickv
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Binary Load QVF in a QVW

Hi All,

While Qlikview (QVW) files can be binary loaded into Qliksense(QVF) app, Is it possible to Binary load a Qliksense file in a Qlikview application ?

When I tried, I am facing the below issue and script execution is failed.

QVF to QVW.png

Thanks,

Karthick V.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

You should be able to re-use most of your script, with minor modifications (e.g. when addressing the source files in the FROM part of your LOAD statements).

View solution in original post

5 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

I don't think this is possible.

You can export all tables to QVD and reuse in QlikView, if that helps:

Re: Binary load using Qliksense as source in Qlikview

karthickv
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Stefan,

Thank you for your response. It helps very well.

Would I be able to use the QVDs generated by QVF file in the Qlikview application ? (Blog you shared says it is not possible however in QV12, I was able to use QVD generated by QVF file. Is there any limitation ?)

Also as I see most of the scripting is same between the QV and QS apart from the libraries, would you suggest copying scripts and re-creating model ? or do you see any technical difficulties (apart from manual copy paste of scripts and changing library path )?

Many thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Karthick V.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

With latest versions of Qlik software, it should be possible to exchange QVD in both directions (just tested the direction QlikSense 3.1 --> QlikView 12)

swuehl
MVP
MVP

You should be able to re-use most of your script, with minor modifications (e.g. when addressing the source files in the FROM part of your LOAD statements).

karthickv
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thank you Stefan !