Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Book Review: Print Quality of "QlikView 11 for Developers"

I believe it is a popular book in the QlikView society. So far I am not experienced enough to comment on the level of the content, I can only say that concerning the print quality, I cannot recommend it.

Pictures:

1. The pictures are not in colours, for a book about a BI tools where layout and colours are important, it is a low cost decision, that I dont prefer in this context.

2. the quality of the pictures is very grainy and not nice to look at.

Text:

3. This is the most crucial part. The text is not sharp and clear black, you kind of get the feeling that they were out ink. The grainy text is disturbing for the eye, though possible to read.

2 Replies
barryharmsen
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Mikael,

As one of the authors of QlikView 11 for Developers I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the physical qualities of the book. To be honest, we were also a little disappointed when we learned that it wasn't going to be printed in color. Fortunately you will also get the PDF version of the book with your purchase, if you purchased directly through Packt. If you did not receive this then please let me know, I will gladly send it to you.

Regarding the print quality of pictures and text, this should not be as you described. It sounds as if you received a fluke that unfortunately made it through QA. I would contact Packt and ask for a refund or a new copy. If there is any way in which I can assist you with this then do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,

Barry Harmsen

Not applicable
Author

Thx, for the reply. Yes I got the pdf

I live in Denmark and the book was not that well sealed as I recall, so my hypothesis is that either their print was down or it got moisture during transport - if that can do it. I have linked this review to them, so lets see what happens.