Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ed1
Contributor
Contributor

Bookmarks not working properly

Hi,

I created a new QV-document. Saved bookmarks cannot be used because they give the wrong result back.

E.g. If you have a saved a bookmark where 4 countries are selected in a listbox, then maybe 2 of those contries will appear once the bookmark is used.

Does anyone know why this is happening and how to correct the problem?

Thanks,

Edin

8 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

May be Bookmark effect due to other selections which ID may not associate to other 2 countries?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Ed1
Contributor
Contributor
Author

If a user starts with cleared selections, and then selects e.g. 4 selectable countries in a listbox, and saves the bookmark. The result/selection will not be the same when the same user applies the bookmark later. It will perhaps select 2 of those countries.

The problem seems to be specific for this particular app. The other apps have properly functioning bookmarks.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Is there any triggers for FieldEventTriggers in your application?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Ed1
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Yes, several triggers. Might that be the cause of the problem and is there a workaround?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

We have Set Clear State but that option won't help to get rid to work remain filters. So, I would think little other information. But, Is that problem from Dev or Server?

Ed1
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks for replying.

The same problem on both dev and server!

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Suggest you to share application, Will test in dev end

Ed1
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I discovered what was creating the problem. I had a listbox (hidden) and a related button that was supposed keep 2 out of 3 field selections always selected. That logic didn't work once the bookmark was applied.

I made some changes and it works now.

Thank you for your help!