Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Bring Selected Row to the Top of the Straight Table

I have a Straight Table, which would display ~1000+ records. There is selection dimensions available which would allow the users to filter the data. Let's assume that the outcome of this filtering criteria is 1 row. What I want achieve is that the Straight Table should still display all of the ~1000+ records, however, the 1 row that has been selected should show up as the Top row in the Straight Table. Can someone please advise how this can be accomplished? Thanks.

8 Replies
sunny_talwar

What is the expression you are using?

Use the same expression in the sort tab -> Sort expression

and add {1} to set analysis to ignore any selection on the expression tab.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Sunny. The Straight Table has a couple of Dimensions and multiple Expressions columns. I would want to bring the row on top of the Straight table based on the Dimensions selected.

sunny_talwar

Sort based on Avg(1)

and ignore any selections in your expressions. I can tell you how to ignore them for your expressions if you can put them here

Kushal_Chawda

I think you can achieve it but you may need to create the two straight table and you need to create the complex expression too for multiple column selections.

sunny_talwar

Its not that difficult, I wish I had a sample to show how this can be done.

Kushal_Chawda

Yes, if you have please share

Kushal_Chawda

What if outcome of your filter is more than 1 row? let's say in 1 row you have ABC and in second row you have XYZ then ABC should come first or XYZ

sunny_talwar

Check out the attached

Capture.PNG