Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Bubble Chart Animation

I have a table with Columns as City, Year and Population Growth of City relative to previous Year. I want to create animation in bubble chart in which size of bubble represents poplation of a city corresponding to different Years. Since, I just have the population growth instead of total population till a particular year stored in the table, I would want to add the Growth number of previous years so as to give an animation with increasing bubble's size. Size of bubbles represents population, which increases with time. And different bubbles represent different cities. Please help me in writing the expression for calculating the sum of all previous years population growth dynamically during animation.

Table looks like this. Assume the population of Cities before 2001 was 0

YearCityIncrease in Population
2001A1000
2001B2000
2001C1500
2002A1500
2002B1600
2002C2000
2003A1800
2003B2500
2003C1700

Bubble size for City A should depict 1000 for year 2001, (1000 + 1500 = 2500) for year 2002 and so on for all cities.

Problem is, how to calculate sum of all previous years' values. PLEASE HELP....!!!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarcoWedel

I applied the accumulation only for the bubble size as you specified.

But here's another version with the accumulation checked for the y-axis also:

QlikCommunity_Thread_130870_Pic3.JPG.jpg

hope this helps

regards

Marco

View solution in original post

10 Replies
MarcoWedel

use rangesum(above(...))

amit_saini
Master III
Master III

Nishant,

Like this????

Please see the attachment.

Thanks,
AS

MarcoWedel

Hi,

one possible solution using the chart accumulation function:

QlikCommunity_Thread_130870_Pic1.JPG.jpg

QlikCommunity_Thread_130870_Pic2.JPG.jpg

hope this helps

regards

Marco

Not applicable
Author

Hi Marco

Thanks a lot for the help, but the solution you provided still doesn't adds up previous years' population growth. For example, according to your solution, population of City B in year 2003 is still 2500. But 2500 is just the increase in population for City B from year 2002 to 2003. Instead it should have been 2000+1600+2500 = 6100, that is, total population of City B which comes out by adding population increases for all three years.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Amit

Thank you much for your input and yes I would like to see similar behaviour as you've done in your attached file. But I'm still not getting this behaviour. Could you please look at the attached file and let me know about my mistake. I just tried to replicate your pivot table, but couldn't get the same behaviour as yours. Thanks in advance.

MarcoWedel

I applied the accumulation only for the bubble size as you specified.

But here's another version with the accumulation checked for the y-axis also:

QlikCommunity_Thread_130870_Pic3.JPG.jpg

hope this helps

regards

Marco

amit_saini
Master III
Master III

Nishant,

You need to drag day to horizontal , just click on header you will get a blue vertical arrow drag it to right side and make it horizontal.

Thanks,
AS

Not applicable
Author

Thank you so much... I got it now...:)

Not applicable
Author

Thans a lot for your help. I got your logic now...