Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Bug in Listboxes with 'Always one selected value' in alternate state

Dear Friends,

I found a bug for listboxes in an alternate state other than default state. If you set the listbox to 'Always one selected value', close qlikview and open your qvw file again, then the option 'Always one selected value' is not set anymore. You obtain this bug only if you also save the project files in a ...-Prj folder. Hence, the bug is in saving 'Always one selected value' into the xml file or loading this option from the xml file. Note again that for this bug the alternate state must not be the default state.

I have found out that the option 'Always one selected value' is not saved in the xml-file corresponding to the listbox. I do not understand why this option is not saved there????

Best regards,

Moritz

8 Replies
ecolomer
Master II
Master II

Can you upload the file QV to see?

Not applicable
Author

As far as I can see 'Always one selected value' is saved in AllProperties.xml in <OneAndOnlyOne>. However, this option does not depend on the alternate state. That means that this option is only valid for the default state. 'Always one selected value' can not be set for alternate states other than default state there.

I have attached a simple file. Please create a project folder and try to save 'Always one selected value' in the listbox with alternate state. Close the qvw and open it again...

Not applicable
Author

For it's working . I assigned the list box to the test state. saved it, closed it. opened it again and it was still there.

Not applicable
Author

It seems to work fine. Attached.

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Please be sure that the qvw file loads the data from the Prj-folder. Please do the following steps:

1. Listbox in alternate state (e.g. test) and with option 'Always one selected value' ticked.

2. Create a prj folder test-Prj

3. Save your qvw file (Project files should be generated in the Prj-folder)

4. delete your qvw file

5. create your qvw file from the data in the Prj-folder

Not applicable
Author

Oh I see. Thats because data and variables dont get stored in the PRJ folder so when you try to recreate them from Prj folder you will loose the 'Always one selected' option as there always needs to be some data for that to work.

You will come across the same issue when you do  File> Reduce Data > Remove All Values and then reload after that the 'Always one selected' would be gone.

Not applicable
Author

Thans Ajay,

that is right. However it might be useful if <OneAndOnlyOne> is included in AllProperties.xml also for alternate states. Then you could store this 'Always one selected value' in the Prj-files which is useful for version control.

Now, I always have to include 'Always one selected' by hand after every checkout.

freinholdson
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

+1

I've experienced this problem as well. Would be great if this problem could be fixed. -prj folders and version control should not interupt development possibilities like this.