Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Button actions not working in AccessPoint

Hi,

I have several buttons on a sheet, all of which are using the two actions "Restore Object" and "Activate Object" to show various charts.

These buttons are all working fine in my local development environment. When available via AccessPoint (AJAX) however, the buttons do not work. They don't appear to do anything and certainly don't activate the charts.

I'm running V9 SR6 (64-bit). Any ideas why these actions aren't firing - looks like an AJAX issue of some sort?

Thanks
Nick

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
suniljain
Master
Master

pls upgrade the version of IE Plugin to V9 SR6.

this is happening because of version mismatch between qlikview and plugin.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
suniljain
Master
Master

pls upgrade the version of IE Plugin to V9 SR6.

this is happening because of version mismatch between qlikview and plugin.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Does the upgrade to V9 SR6 (from SR4) not do this automatically?

Also, AccessPoint is defaulted to use the AJAX zero footprint by default. Would the IE Plug-in still affect this?

As a final question (and probably a big one!), should the default on the server be IE Plug-in over AJAX? What are the problems with either?

Thanks
Nick

suniljain
Master
Master

are you tried with java ?

Not applicable
Author

The IE Plug-in is now working and does resolve the problem. However, I can't see a way of "pushing" this out to all our users. Do you know if there is an easy way to do this (so they don't have to follow the download link and do it themselves)?

I don't really want to use Java is possible as it's just introducing a third setup out there!

Thanks.

Nick

suniljain
Master
Master

there is no short cut . so every client need separate installation of plug in.

Not applicable
Author

However, I can't see a way of "pushing" this out to all our users. Do you know if there is an easy way to do this (so they don't have to follow the download link and do it themselves)?

Try reading the chapter "DEPLOYING MSI PACKAGES WITH GROUP POLICIES" in the appendix of Qvs-manual for how to push.

siz_mahleka
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Gents,

I'm getting the same problem. The strange this is if you change the size of the button in IE, the button will start working again. This is not ideal. One of the selling points of QlikView is it's zero footprint deployment capability for clients who cannot easily install or change their machine images. Is there a way to resolve this for the zero footprint client?

Many thanks.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

This probably isn't much help to you, but I could find no way of getting this to work via the AJAX client. We've switched over to the IE Plugin. The automation of this did work (pretty much!), so it is possible to push this out without too much involvement!

Regards

Nick

suniljain
Master
Master

Dear

you must have same version of client with Server.

i.e If Server is QV 9 SR6 then Plugin Shoud have version QV 9 SR6.