Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

CSV Delimiter not found

Hi

I'm trying to load in a batch of files that use the character "þ" as the delimiter, I'm having difficulties as the import wizard does not have this character available in the list of custom delimiters.

I've tried manually editing the script and setting "delimiter is ''þ" but this just throws up an error message saying that it can't find any of the fields.

I know that there is a workaround to load each file in and then use subfield to extract each column but this would be very time consuming with the number of files I have (that all have different columns).  I see that SQL Server is able to cope with this delimeter character but I don't really want to have to load all of these files into SQL to be able to then load them into QlikView

Does anyone have any ideas of how I might be able to load these files in directly into QlikView?

Thanks

Dave

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I had a similar problem and the found the following resolution. Columns need to be load as column numbers and the delimeter is \xFE for 'þ'

e.g.

LOAD

@1,

@2,

@3

FROM

[..\Downloads\test.txt]

(txt, codepage is 1252, no labels, delimiter is \xFE, msq, header is 1 lines);

View solution in original post

4 Replies
harleen_singh
Creator III
Creator III

dave,

what is this character is?

is it P for puppy? or something else or symbol?

thanks
Lavi

Not applicable
Author

Hi Lavi

No it is the character symbol ''þ", which I think is an old english character http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thorn_%28letter%29.

It's ASCII character code is 231 if that helps.

Thanks

Dave

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I had a similar problem and the found the following resolution. Columns need to be load as column numbers and the delimeter is \xFE for 'þ'

e.g.

LOAD

@1,

@2,

@3

FROM

[..\Downloads\test.txt]

(txt, codepage is 1252, no labels, delimiter is \xFE, msq, header is 1 lines);

Not applicable
Author

Hi

I tried your suggestion and it works great!

Thanks

Dave