Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Calculate total from aggregated sum of averages

I am calculating Revenue per month by multiplying monthly ASP by monthly units, across 4 categories. I am also using input fields to enable modification of these values, so pre-calculation in the script isn't an option for me.

My revenue per month calculates fine, but the total revenue does not. I believe this is because I am calculating the revenue at an aggregate level, and when it gets to the total it is essentially using the average ASP for the year time the sum of units.

So, how can I get the correct total revenue (I believe it should be 276,620, which is the sum of the revenue each month, not 259,299)?

2 Replies
marcus_sommer

I assume you will need an aggr() maybe in combination with some TOTAL statements and/or conditional different expression on dimension-level per dimensionality(). Have as a starting point a look here:

Average – Which average?

AGGR...

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for the links. I've been doing a lot of reading to try and nut this out and had come across the document from the always helpful Henric. But I still haven't been able to move beyond having the amount calculated at the total level and not the month level when trying to show a total.

I'll keep looking at post back if I get a solution.

Regards,

Derek