Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joe_mccorkel
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Calculated/Conditional Dimension Question

I am looking to use a dimension 'UnitOfMeasore' and place it next to multiple expressions to show what UOM is being used in each case. What would be the best way to go about this?

6 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Try it out in a straight table and see if you get the results you expect.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
joe_mccorkel
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

It is currently in a straight table. Here is probably a better example of what I am looking to do. There are five expressions that total different amounts. I am looking to put a dimensions that shows the UOM next to each of these. There is not a separate UOM field in the tables for each expression, and only one that exists.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

So, you don't have a field UnitOfMeasore in your data. Then you'll have to create it. How is it calculated?

joe_mccorkel
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

There is a field for UnitOfMeasure, just not for these individual fields that we are summing.

Here would be a column list example:

FieldA | UOM | FieldB | UOM | etc

The UOM may be different for each summed field, which is where I think I am most unsure of how to display

Gysbert_Wassenaar

This is getting more and more confusing instead of less. Please post a small example qlikview document with data that demonstrates the problem.

Kushal_Chawda

Please create the Sample data and draw how output should look like so that it will be more clear to all