Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Calculating Ratios in CrossTable

Hello,

I just started using Qlikview last week and have a very tight deadline to create a dashbord. I was hoping if someone could help me come up with the best way to calculate various financial ratios from CrossTables (Balance Sheet, P&L). The Tables look like this, where 'Entity1','Entity2' contains actual financial numbers.

PeriodAccountEntity1Entity2
JanCash
FebAR
MarchSales

I was thinking to create variables for different account types, such as Cash, AR, Sales and then use 'IF' statement to calculate the ratio. However, I'm bot sure if I get desired result.

Thanks in advance!

2 Replies
IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Kate,

It's hard to answer without looking at the underlying tables. However, I'd recommend calculating everything in the script and then use variables which holds the expression. You need to use these variables along with the dollar sign expansion in UI to calculate the expressions. Instead of IF statements I'd recommend performing all the calculations in the script wherever possible and you can also use Pick() & Match() functions as replacement for IF statements.

Sorry, I couldn't give you concrete answer for now. But please feel free to post sample app and detailed question, I'm more than happy to help.

Cheers,

DV

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your response. Deepak. I was able to figure it out.