Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Calculating the number of rows in a table without using Macro(from outside the table)

Note that this question is about getting the number of rows (distinct locations) of the report table using set analysis (displayed in a textbox)

My report looks like this – already working and validated

Capture2.PNG

My data consists of multiple line (5 for each survey)

Similar to this:

Capture1.PNG

The rules I need to apply are as following:

• Only question1 should be considered – for distinct surveys
  • Question 1 has possible answers 1,2,3,4,5
  • The above report is based on the results of Answers 5 for question1.
  • The (number of 5 answered questions for a specific location) / (total number of surveys for that location) must be greater or equal to 0.63 (63%)
  • And a location must have at least 8 surveys to be considered.

I got the Total # of surveys by using the following expression:

=If((Count({<Questions={'Question1'},Answers={'5'}>} distinct SurveyID) / Count({<Questions={'Question1'}>} distinct SurveyID))>=0.63 and Count(distinct SurveyID)>=8,Count(distinct SurveyID) )

And for  Question 1 Results I’m using:

=If(
(
Count({<Questions={'Question1'},Answers={'5'}>} distinct SurveyID)     / Count({<Questions={'Question1'}>} distinct SurveyID))>=0.63 and Count( distinct SurveyID)>=8
Count({<Questions={'Question1'},Answers={'5'}>} distinct SurveyID)     / Count({<Questions={'Question1'}>} distinct SurveyID))

The Above 2 expressions are giving the correct results for my data.

I’m having difficult in figuring out the number of rows (distinct locations) that are found in the report (basically number of rows) from outside the table displayed in a textbox.

Thank you in advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

May be this

Sum(Aggr(

If((Count({<Questions={'Question1'},Answers={'5'}>} distinctSurveyID) / Count({<Questions={'Question1'}>} distinctSurveyID)) >= 0.63 and Count(DISTINCT SurveyID) >= 8, 1, 0)

, SurveyType, Location))

View solution in original post

3 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Its not clear what you are asking for.

You said:

>>The Above 2 expressions are giving the correct results for my data.

and:

>>I’m having difficult in figuring out the number of rows...

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes you are right

Let me put it in another way:

Assume that we have always SurveyType=Type1 and we are only interested in the results of question1.

Need to count the number of distinct locations where:

(Answered 5) / (total number of surveys for that location)  is >=0.63

and

the Location must have at least  8 surveys done there

does this help?

thank you again

sunny_talwar

May be this

Sum(Aggr(

If((Count({<Questions={'Question1'},Answers={'5'}>} distinctSurveyID) / Count({<Questions={'Question1'}>} distinctSurveyID)) >= 0.63 and Count(DISTINCT SurveyID) >= 8, 1, 0)

, SurveyType, Location))