Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yashcena
Contributor III
Contributor III

Calculating total

I'm working on an app which has the following fields: Functional Area, Sub Functional Area and 3 different costs- Actuals (eUSD_Amt), budget(bUSD_Amt) and outlook (oUSD_Amt).

I have data for all 12 months of 2017 for outlook. But for Actuals, I have data till July only.

I have to show the sum of Actuals for all the 12 months. Since I have data only till July, I need to add the corresponding months' outlook data for missing months.

Something like this:

Jan(eUSD_Amt)+ Feb(eUSD_Amt) + Mar(eUSD_Amt)+ Apr(eUSD_Amt)+ May(eUSD_Amt)+ Jun(eUSD_Amt)+ Jul(eUSD_Amt)+ Aug(oUSD_Amt)+ Sep(oUSD_Amt)+ Oct(oUSD_Amt)+ Dec(oUSD_Amt)

We would be getting the remaining months Actuals (eUSD_Amt) in due course of the remaining part of the year. Till then, I need to use the outlook (oUSD_Amt) for unavailable months' data to calculate the total Actuals for entire 12 months.

I hope I have made my requirement clear.

Thank you,

Yash

10 Replies
sunny_talwar

For example, if Actual data is not available for the month of January, it should show the corresponding Outlook Amount.

Isn't that what it is doing today? I am not sure I completely understand your need.... Can you elaborate?