Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yashcena
Contributor III
Contributor III

Calculating total

I'm working on an app which has the following fields: Functional Area, Sub Functional Area and 3 different costs- Actuals (eUSD_Amt), budget(bUSD_Amt) and outlook (oUSD_Amt).

I have data for all 12 months of 2017 for outlook. But for Actuals, I have data till July only.

I have to show the sum of Actuals for all the 12 months. Since I have data only till July, I need to add the corresponding months' outlook data for missing months.

Something like this:

Jan(eUSD_Amt)+ Feb(eUSD_Amt) + Mar(eUSD_Amt)+ Apr(eUSD_Amt)+ May(eUSD_Amt)+ Jun(eUSD_Amt)+ Jul(eUSD_Amt)+ Aug(oUSD_Amt)+ Sep(oUSD_Amt)+ Oct(oUSD_Amt)+ Dec(oUSD_Amt)

We would be getting the remaining months Actuals (eUSD_Amt) in due course of the remaining part of the year. Till then, I need to use the outlook (oUSD_Amt) for unavailable months' data to calculate the total Actuals for entire 12 months.

I hope I have made my requirement clear.

Thank you,

Yash

10 Replies
sunny_talwar

For example, if Actual data is not available for the month of January, it should show the corresponding Outlook Amount.

Isn't that what it is doing today? I am not sure I completely understand your need.... Can you elaborate?