Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dukane24
Contributor III
Contributor III

Calculating turnaround times with overlapping date ranges

Hello,

I am attempting to calculate turnaround times for requirements that are requested by form.  This is working great except for situations where the date ranges overlap - a form can have multiple concurrent requirements that have been requested, and I don't want the turnaround times to "stack".

For example, using the data below, the requirement TAT for form 1 would be 36 days.  This is easy because the date ranges to not overlap.  But using my current method, form 2 shows a requirement TAT of 81 days.  This is not correct because the date ranges overlap.  I would like the total TAT in this situation to calculate to 50 days.

Here's the formula I'm currently using: =avg(aggr(sum(distinct [Requirement Received Date]-[Requirement Request Date]),[FormNum]))

I appreciate any help you can provide.  Thank you!

FormNumRequirement TypeRequirement RequestedRequirement ReceivedTAT (days)
1A1/1/20172/1/201731
1B2/15/20172/20/20175
2C1/1/20172/1/201731
2D1/15/20172/20/201736
2 Replies
maxgro
MVP
MVP

If I understand, I would make a new field in the script.

Load the data ordered by FormNum and Requested date;

when you have a row with the same FormNum as the previous (you can use peek) check the requested date of current row vs received date of previous row (you can use peek)

- requested > received --> new field is requested

- requested <= received --> new field is received +1

In chart, use received date and the new calculated field

dukane24
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you - Unfortunately there is no guarantee that the rows for a particular form will be consecutive.  This is a table with a lot of activity.