cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmonroe918
Creator II
Creator II

Calculation Error in Table Chart

I am creating a table chart from a spreadsheet load using cross table.

I'm trying to create a Summary listing Sites as a Dimension and several columns by Type. The calculation I am using is as follows:

=sum({<[Type] = {'Material Variance'} >} Data)

This repeats for the other "Types" (Line Scrap, Refurbish, etc). But I am getting "//Error in calculated dimension". I need a total sum of each Type for each Site. The formula does give an amount in the Text Box, but doesn't filter by the Type specificed.

The QVD and Spreadsheet are attached.

Thanks

2017-04-18_21-57-14.bmp

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Set analysis won't work in Dimension level. It will work only on expression level

Capture.PNG

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Set analysis won't work in Dimension level. It will work only on expression level

Capture.PNG

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
avinashelite

Try like this

Aggr(sum({<[Type] = {'Material Variance'} >} Data),Dimensions)

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Are you looking for something like :

Untitled.png

If so, take the calculated dimensions to Expression tab.

jmonroe918
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Anil, thanks so much for the help. It worked perfectly.

Jeff

jmonroe918
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks Tresesco.

Jeff

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Anil Babu Samineni wrote:

This is not true.

The same can be done in the dimension level as well, you would just need an aggr() like:

=Aggr(sum({<[Type] = {'Material Variance'} >} Data) , Site)

Anil_Babu_Samineni

True, I am saying about his way without Aggr function. And then the same way you suggested in the expression that is the same way I've given and followed. Thanks for thought