Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Calculation based on number of available fields in list box

Hello everyone,

I have been reading valuable information on threads for quite a while and it is my first post here on the forum, I look forward to hear back from the gurus out here.

I am trying to do some calculations but is based on 'How many available fields are there after certain selections have been made'.

Let say I have 3 list boxes 1-Date 2-Location 3-Employees Salary/salaries at that location

Now I want to have 4 th column in which I want to have

Case 1: Employee Salary of the only employee (if after selecting 1-Date and 2-Location 3-lets say there is only one employee and hence it shows only the 1 salary)

Case 2: Difference of highest and the lowest salary (if after select 1-Date and 2-Location 3-there are multiple salaries for corresponding employees at that location)

So basically my 4th calculated with have only 1 value ( if there is only 1 employee it will reflect that salary ... if there are multiple employee, it will reflect difference of max and min salary).

Thanks a lot for your time.

Regards,

Abi

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

There is a GETPOSSIBLECOUNT function that does what you are asking. Try experimenting with that.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

There is a GETPOSSIBLECOUNT function that does what you are asking. Try experimenting with that.

Not applicable
Author

does it have to be a list box?

easiest way to do that would be to have a statistics box that shows the min and max.

and a conditional clause that will show a different statistics box with the only salary in it if max = min.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot APS and Shanez, 'Getpossiblecount' worked perfectly well with what I was expecting to achieve.

Thanks for all your help guys.

Regards,

Abi