Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Calendar Object Query

Good Morning,

I have a Qlikview Report which shows all the calls logged to our IT Helpdesk from a Database.  We have a field called logdate_date which holds the the date the call was logged.  What I am trying to achieve is the follow:

1) A Calendar Object where users can select the Log Date as the Start Time and it defaults to the next date (eg. A call may not have been logged on the 25/01/2014, therefore I want the Calendar Object to pick up the next available date which could be 27/01/2014)

2) Another Calendar Object where users can select the Log Date as the End Time and it defaults to the next Date.

3) I want the Calendar Object to show no values at the start, and then show the values when they are enter.  Once you click clear, I want the values in the calendar object to disappear.

Regards,

Jon

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Figured it out myself.  I created my normal variables for vStartDate and vEndDate and set them to NULL.

Then I created by Two Calendar Objects with the variable vStartDate as one and vEndDate as the other, with the following values:

=min(logdate_date) and =max(logdate_date)

I then created a Button Object called Clear Date and created a Set Variable Action to vStartDate and another to vEndDate.  Clicking this Button Clears my Calendar.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Figured it out myself.  I created my normal variables for vStartDate and vEndDate and set them to NULL.

Then I created by Two Calendar Objects with the variable vStartDate as one and vEndDate as the other, with the following values:

=min(logdate_date) and =max(logdate_date)

I then created a Button Object called Clear Date and created a Set Variable Action to vStartDate and another to vEndDate.  Clicking this Button Clears my Calendar.

nagarajupinnibo
Creator
Creator

Hi Jonathan,

How u created button object for clearing values for two variables.

I also used same procedure but my variable values are not cleared in both calendar objects.

I created button object like this.

actions->set variable-> variable: =vstarttime , value:logdate_date. Is it correct one?

What's expression value you used? Please provide solution for it.

Thanks

-Nagaraju

Not applicable
Author

Hi Nagaragu,

I created a Button and added two actions in the actions tab.  Both were Set Varaible and I set the following

Variable = vStartDate

Value = blank (not the word blank but actually blank)

Variable = vEndDate

Value = blank (not the word blank but actually blank)

Regards,

Jon

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

If you send me the document I can take a look for you see if it tallies with mine.  You may want to remove any personal information.

Regards,

Jon

sakamsureshbabu
Creator
Creator

I created my normal variables for vStartDate and vEndDate and set them to NULL.

=min(logdate_date)   and

=max(logdate_date)

created a Button Object called Clear Date and created a Set Variable Action to vStartDate and another to vEndDate.  Clicking this Button Clears my Calendar.

nagarajupinnibo
Creator
Creator

Hi suresh,

Scenario is working fine. But, I am asking is there any solution that not to create button object and needs to clear calendar object variable values when we select clear option from navigation bar.

Thanks

-Nagaraju

Not applicable
Author

Hi Nagaraju,

I dont think so, i have tried experimenting with this however the clear button but basically it removes the dates from the variables screen, therefore removing them when from the date boxes themselves.  You could either write a macro or set the clear down when opening the document, however for me this didnt have the desired results as our end users wanted to selected different dates.

Sorry I couldnt be any more help.

Regards,

Jon

Not applicable
Author

Jon,

I am trying to clear my variables in Calendar object with Button object, setting my variables to blank as you said but not working.

Does the values in Min and Max of Variable affect the set variable in button object??