Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andreas_koehler
Creator II
Creator II

Calendar: Struggling with min- and max-Dates

Hi !

I want to use timestamps of a time series to generate Min and Max timestamps for a calendar. I use timestamp#(Date) as I read hourly data.

Problem is that the following lines do not generate values for the variables as intented:

vTMinDate = <NULL> and vTMaxDate = <NULL>.

Why is this so?

[TValues]:

LOAD Timestamp#(Date)                                    as %TimeStamp,

TCode                                                        as %TCode,

#Data

FROM

[$(vTransformed)PFacts.qvd]

(qvd);

TempMinMaxTime:

Load

Num(Min(%TimeStamp))                            as minTimeStamp,

Num(Max(%TimeStamp))                            as maxTimeStamp

resident [TValues];

let vTMinDate = Peek('minTimeStamp',0,'TempMinMaxTime');

let vTMaxDate = Peek('maxTimeStamp',0,'TempMinMaxTime');

21 Replies
andreas_koehler
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Peter,

thanks for pointing out that the %TimeStamp is left-aligned and that this indicates a text strings.

Timestamp changed: TimestampFormat='DD.MM.YYYY hh:mm:ss[.fff]' to 'DD.MM.YYYY hh:mm'

This is now identical to DateFormat.

Yet the table is still without values.

Regarding the interpretation function Date#() and TimeStamp#() my understanding was that both do the job of ensuring hat the string is understood as dual field and represented as date serial number. I used TimeStamp#() instead of Date#() to keep the fractions. I also used TimeStamp#() to generate the calendar.

andreas_koehler
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Jagan,

Num(Min(%TimeStamp)) changed to Min(%TimeStamp)

Num(Max(%TimeStamp)) changed to Max(%TimeStamp)

Still no values in the TempMinMaxTime in both fields.

Comment: I found the Num() function used in the book QV11fD which was
Num(Date#(Min(Period), 'YYYYMM')) as MinDate, etc.

My understand was that that as I used TImestamp#() go generate %TimeStamp it is already understood as a dual field and with Num() I could pass the numerical value to MinDate.

Where is my misunderstanding?

Regards,

Andreas

andreas_koehler
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hirish, Marco,

Please find attached an excerpt from the source table. These are time series of values for T1 etc.

I read this table via

CrossTable(TCode, #Data)

LOAD *

FROM

[$(vSource)TSource.xlsx]

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Data);

stored it and loaded it

as

LOAD Timestamp#(Date) as %TimeStamp,

Date as ImportedDate,

TCode as %TCode,

#Data

FROM

...(qvd);

Regards,

Andreas

marcus_sommer

I think your format from field Date is slightly different to your declaration of the format-variables (maybe there are also several different formatings ?) and therefore your converting failed but without a few examples it's difficult to say what's wrong.

- Marcus

Not applicable

Hi man,

please try this way  it will come results

data:

load * inline [

code,Data,Date

101,2000,2/7/2015

102,5000,6/7/2015

103,3244,20/7/2015

104,3288,28/7/2015

105,67000,3/8/2015

106,4500,17/8/2015

107,56000,25/8/2015

108,2900,4/10/2015

109,4399,18/10/2015

110,3499,3/11/2015

111,8700,15/11/2015

112,5490,5/12/2015

113,4300,6/1/2016

114,2400,14/1/216

115,5400,4/2/2016

];

Temp:

load

num(min(Date)) as MinDate,

num(max(Date))as MaxDate

Resident data;

Temp1:

load //Timestamp(MaxDate,'D/M/YYYY HH:MM:SS') as MaxDates, // if your using this way coming  the time stamp

//Timestamp(MinDate,'D/M/YYYY HH:MM:SS') as MinDates//if your using this way coming the  time stamp

Timestamp#(MinDate,'D/M/YYYY HH:MM:SS') as MinDates,//if your using this way coming the  time stamp Number

Timestamp#(MaxDate,'D/M/YYYY HH:MM:SS') as MaxDates//if your using this way coming time stamp Number

resident Temp;

let vmindate=Peek('MinDates',0,'Temp1');

let vmaxdate=Peek('MaxDates',-1,'Temp1');

regards,

sreenivas

andreas_koehler
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Marcus,

I guess you refer to the excel sheet. Thanks for pointing out that the format in the first column differs from what is in the cell.

What I did now is to change the setting of timeStamp to TimestampFormat='DD.MM.YYYY hh:mm:ss'

I did also format the excel column similar to the raw data.

Now everything excel cell format, column format and timeStamp format is identical.

Still no values in the MinMaxTable and %TimeStamp is still left-aligned.

-Andreas

marcus_sommer

The best would be you provide a small example of your data and app.

- Marcus

marcus_sommer

Try it without Timestamp#(Date) as %TimeStamp within the qvd-load only Date and if this won't worked make this converting after the crosstable-load in an additionally resident-load and store this. To avoid any transforming within a qvd-load is important to be able to load a qvd optimized especially if you have larger amounts of data.

Edit: To get the max/min values is easier with: “Fastest” Method to Read max(field) From a QVD | Qlikview Cookbook

- Marcus

PrashantSangle

Hi,

try,

Timestamp(Num#(Date)) as %TimeStamp,

Or

Num#(Date) as %TimeStamp,

Note : when you apply cross join on date field then while loading date field converted into number to text

There fore your conversion Timestamp# wont work on it. And convert data from Text to num  you have to use Num#().

Regards,

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
andreas_koehler
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Marcus,

thanks for the reference to Rob's blog. I have also seen and bookmarked your How-to-use Calendar.

Right now I try to focus on resolving this one issue. I added source code and excerpt in a post: