Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Calendar for current_month and prior_month - dimension

Hi,

on one sheet in my current document (base for a report), I have two pivot tables representing a calendar: One for the current month and pme for the prior month.

The trick is, the dimensions are  "week" (vertical) and "workday" (horizontal) - but currently, on the calendar for the prior month, the weeks of the prior month AND the current month are visible, only the formulas are calculated only for the prior month.

How can I edit that diagram so that the dimension "week" is limited to the weeks of the prior month?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

5 Replies
gaurav2017
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

can you attach QVW file or an excel file.

Regards,

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi garry,

unfortunately I cannot attach the qvw, the data is kind of sensible.

I have exported the diagram(s) I was talking about to Excel and I realized that, while I have three pieces of information in every day_cell, Excel only displays the date. That is perfect. You can easily see from the display what is the problem: The upper calendar is for may, with the week_nrs., the one below is

the prior month, in this instance April. As you can see, while the formulas in the lower calendar are all adapted to be calculated only for the prior month (set_analysis), the weeks are displayed for both April and May.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

gaurav2017
Creator II
Creator II

Dear,

I can't understand your problem by reading your post. Atleast you can create a scenario using dummy data. It will become easy for me to understand & help in a shorter time.

Regards,

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi garry,

sorry - it is a bit complicated, so I contacted the external consultant who helped us set this up in the first place.

Now I have simply made the dimension dynamic and put it like

>> = IF(Woche = WEEK(MONTHSTART(TODAY())), Woche)  <<

That way the calendar box shows me only the weeks of last month, not the weeks of this month.

Thanks anyway!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

gaurav2017
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

good to hear that the issue is resolved.

Regards