Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marco_puccetti
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Calendar selection Set Analysis

Hello, i need to create a table in which the selection (the dimension field) would be made in function of a calendar selection, is correct this expression?

={<ABI=, DATA_ESTRAZIONE_BANCA = {"=$(=DT_RIFERIMENTO)"}>}

In this expression i intend to extract all the ABI for a "DATA_ESTRAZIONE_BANCA" equal to the "DT_RIFERIMENTO" selection (that is connected to the calendar control).

In the editor the expression is marked wrong.

Can you tell me the correct syntax if this is wrong?

Thanks

Marco

9 Replies
ankitaag
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Can you write the full expression

marco_puccetti
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

This is the full expression i need to use in the dimension dialog below.

Immagine.png

Thanks

Marco

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If that is your full expression then it is invalid - this is just the set filter. Also your naked reference to DT_RIFERIMENTO will return null if more than one value is possible. If this comparison is on a row by row basis, then you cannot use a set expression anyway.

Assuming that it not a row by row comparison and that the date format of DATA_ESTRAZIONE_BANCA and DT_RIFERIMENTO are the same, then you would need something like this:

=Count({<DATA_ESTRAZIONE_BANCA = P(DT_RIFERIMENTO)>} Distinct ABI)

Or Sum(...) if that is what is required, or possibly without the "Distinct".

HTH

Jonathan

Edit == I see you want a calculated dimension. See next post

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

For a calc dimension containing the matching values of ABI, then possible this (depends on your data model):

=Aggr(Only({<DATA_ESTRAZIONE_BANCA = P(DT_RIFERIMENTO)>} ABI), ABI)

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
ankitaag
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Yes,

That's what I was trying to say that in the starting of the expression you need to write an aggregated function to use the set analysis and at the end need to mention a field name.

prajuds99
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Marco,

If I understand correctly there will be some user selection in field DT_RIFERIMENTO and you want to filter DATA_ESTRAZIONE_BANCA based on that selection.I think below expression would work

Your expression:

{<ABI=, DATA_ESTRAZIONE_BANCA = {"$(=GetFieldSelections(DT_RIFERIMENTO))"}>}

Expression which I tried:

=sum({<DMANUFACTURER={"$(=GetFieldSelections(MANUFACTURER))"}>}[SALES DOLLARS])

Not applicable

yes ankita said correct you need to do something with aggregated function to use the set analysis. But there are few basic principal before implement set analysis in calendar section as below

Firstly a standard Calendar is created using AutoGenerate. I also take the opportunity to incorporate Business Day flags (set by loading regional public holidays).

A Cartesian Product is then produced by left Joining Distinct Dates with itself without the key. This gives us all the possible date
combinations.

I then create the flags; Firstly Point In Time Flags such as Today, This Week, This Month, etc. Then period flags such as Previous Day, Previous Month, Previous Month to Date, etc.

Update - Following the comments I've added more code to the CLEAN UP tab to remove any lines where no flags have been set and any lines where the Possible Date is higher than the selected date which reduces the tables size by over 50%

Update - Fixed a bug resulting from the previous update

Update 22-APR-2015 - Fixed a bug which reduces the number of rows in the final calendar

I hope this of some use to people, I would love to hear your comments and further suggestions.

marco_puccetti
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

I don't need a sum i need a list of IBAN related to the DATA_ESTRAZIONE_BANCA field.

Is it possible to obtain a formula in order to have this?

Thanks

Marco

marco_puccetti
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

I've decided to change the approach and take the data from the date table field, although there aren't all the calendar days, but a subset of them.

Thanks

Marco