Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Call Batch file in Qlikview using hyper link

Hello,

We have requirement in Qlikview to create hyperlink on column. When user click that hyper link , it will execute bat file & pass few parameters from Qlikview selected fields. Basically via that bat file, we are automating the process of opening an another application with the same parameters which users have selected in QV. 

I have no idea how to invoke a bat file in Qlikview.  Please provide me some instructions

Appreciate your help !!

Thanks,

Pooja

9 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Appreciate any responses from QV gurus there ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I think you can use an expression with "Link" representation - see Expressions tab in chart properties.  Format is like this, for example, if bat files are Account-specific, and Account is a dimension:

Account & '<url>' & 'C:\' & Account & '.bat'

For each Account, its own bat file will run.

Regards,

Michael

Not applicable
Author

Hello Michael, Thanks much for your reply.

This opetion works only if i call bat file as Link. But when i am trying append values or pass parameter from Qlikview,it gives error.

Below is the format in which i have to call bat file -

'location of batch file'  <parameter 1 in bat file>  <Value from Qlikview> <parameter 1 in bat file>  <Value from Qlikview>

Please advise. If i am missing anything

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I can't guess what's going on.  The only suggestion I can think of is to copy your expression into a text box, select one row in the table, and see what the text box returns.  It should be:
<The text of the table column> <url> <actual url with parameters  as you built it in expression>
For example:
MicrosoftCoropration<url>c:\MicrosoftCorporation.bat -a -c

Next, copy the last portion (c:\MicrosoftCorporation.bat -a -c) and try to run it as a command line.  If it works this way, it should work as hyperlink.  If it doesn't work, something's wrong in the line, and you can troubleshoot it.

Regards,
Michael

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Michael Solomovich
I did exact way. Able to run text after url from cmd line. However, when i do in QV, it just says "Failed to Launch". I created button & tried using that as well, but no luck.  Wondering if that even possible or do i need to take macro route ..

Thanks again for your inputs

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sorry, can't figure this out remotely.  It is probably related to the specifics of your batch files.  Continue trying, or get some help onsite.

Regards,

Michael

Not applicable
Author

Sorry for the late response, but i was able to achieve it using button somehow link dint work. Button is an additional step for user but seems they can live with it. Thanks for your help

bhelms
Creator
Creator

I have recently been working on something simlar to this and noticed that if you have any spaces in the below text, that I also got the "Failed to Launch" error. Taking out the spaces fixed the issue for me in a straight table.

OLD:

Account & '<url>' & 'C:\' & Account & '.bat'

NEW:

Account&'<url>'&'C:\'&Account & '.bat'

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Brain, good to know
(very strange indeed)