Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can 32bit QV 9 be installed in 64 bit Windows??

The reason is cos currently we have 32bit QV 9 installed in windows xp 32 bit processor with 2 gb ram.

We are running a lot of aggregate tables and also the data volume is huge. Hence we generally run out of memory.

So we are planning to install 32bit QV 9 in 64 bit Windows 7 and same time increase RAM to 16gb.

PLease let me know if this is possible and would solve the virtual memory issue.

thanks,

Ashwin

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

yes u can.

But why don't you install 64bit QV?

Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 00:56:14 -0500

To: zhou@ecota.com.cn

Subject: - Can 32bit QV 9 be installed in 64 bit Windows??

QlikCommunity

created by ashwinshan in QlikView Developers Group - View the full discussion

Can 32bit QV 9 be installed in 64 bit Windows?? The reason is cos currently we have 32bit QV 9 installed in windows xp 32 bit processor with 2 gb ram. We are running a lot of aggregate tables and also the data volume is huge. Hence we generally run out of memory. So we are planning to install 32bit QV 9 in 64 bit Windows 7 and same time increase RAM to 16gb. PLease let me know if this is possible and would solve the virtual memory issue. thanks,Ashwin

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on QlikCommunity

Start a new discussion in QlikView Developers Group by email or at QlikCommunity

© 1993-2011 QlikTech International AB

Copyright & Trademarks | Privacy | Terms of Use | Software EULA

Not applicable
Author

thanks 🙂

The reason is we donot have the 64 bit version of QV and i presume it would cost us for the upgrade...

any suggestions..

thanks in advance..

anderslinden
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

If you have a valid license it won't cost you anything.
/Anders

BI Consultant, Business Information Providers
www.bipab.se
Not applicable
Author

yes it can be installed in 64bit machine but..the performance will remain same as 32 bit, will never run more than 4gb of ram so 16gb of ram will be wastefull.

cost or investment? if you consider it as a cost, then qlikview has no value and probably the user never use it.

buying software sometimes is a funny thing...because if we consider it as an investment then we're looking for the assets(real). Where's the assets from software? is not that software itself but its on the data, informations and what's the impact for the organization. just want to share my thoughts..no offense.