Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can I create hypertext link in a column in a table to a new sheet

I want to have a column in a table with a button or some kind of link that activates a sheet.

In other words I have a list of loans and I want the user to be able to select one loan a show all the details on a separate sheet.

BTW: What is the etiquette here with reponses. Should I rate them. Send a thank you note? I very much appreciate them! They have been invaluable.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

The app attached is based on selections as I described on my post.

Another possibility would be variables.

Hope it helps!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

You can work with the visibility condition of the sheets.

Go to the sheet properties -> General -> Show Sheet and write an expression there.

For example, when the user selects only one loan, it goes automatically to sheet 2.

Then, on sheet 2, the condition would be =if( count(distinct loan)=1,1,0)

On all the other sheets, the condition would be exactly the opposite:

=if( count(distinct loan)=1,0,1).

On this details sheet, you can include a button where the user can clear the selection on this field.

- Include a button, go to properties -> Actions -:> Add -> Selection -> make any selection on the field (if the value does not exist this would mean a clear as well).

A second alternative would be the creation of a control variable. Go to Setttings -> Variable Overview and create any variable (controlSheet, for example).

Then you can include buttons on the sheets to set the value of this variable to 1 or 0.

Use this variable as the visibility condition (as described on the first option). The condition would be:

=controlSheet

----

On this forum, you can mark on or more answers on your post as 'verified'.

Hope it helps,

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

The key part is that I need a button or other type of link in every row of the table that allows the user to drill down (activate a new sheet) and see all the elements of that record.

erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

The app attached is based on selections as I described on my post.

Another possibility would be variables.

Hope it helps!

Not applicable
Author

Thanks,. The key I was missing was that there are triggers for "OnSelect" in ""Document Preferences" under settings.