Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fabiwilys84
Contributor
Contributor

Can datepicker on calendar object choose closest valid date?

Hi, using the calendar object for the first time and it seems to be working well with the exception of the date picker. If I select a date on the date picker that doesn't have any orders, there is no selection. Is there a way I can modify this behaviour so that the closest valid date is selected?

1 Reply
edwin
Master II
Master II

the drop down will show you only the valid dates.  however since the calendar will not show gaps in the dates, it shows all the dates in a month and yes, if no data exists for that day in the month then your charts, etc will be blank which is what it should be.  it may be a bit confusing to the user if they select a date and you report a different date.  maybe what you can do is flash a warning that the date they selected will not result in any measure.

if you really want to show the prior date that has a value then you can build a bridge that links dates with no values to the prior date that has a value.  but there is danger there as you may report a dates with a number that is incorrect.  so i would not recommend that.