Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
godfreydaniels
Contributor III
Contributor III

Can't apply 'Custom Format Cell' to Expression

Hello,

When I right-click an expression header for a certain straight table, the only option under 'Apply To' is 'All Dimensions.'  Can anyone explain why this might be?  I cannot attach a file.

Thanks

temp.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

when you click on right click on expression header or  dimension header in straight table, then only all dimensions option will display but if you click expression data cell all then default default will display current expression but also displays all expressions and all dimensions and expressions.

if Background color need to apply for expression header and dimension header then custom format cell for expression header and dimension header need to select separately.

I hope this answer will help you.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

Hi,

'Custom Format Cell' is Common option for your chart. But inside the Preview, you can do selection wherever you want to apply the format. see the below screen shot. we can select the dimensions header / value, expression header / value (i put red box'es)

Capture.JPG

I believe, this is what you asked.

Anonymous
Not applicable

when you click on right click on expression header or  dimension header in straight table, then only all dimensions option will display but if you click expression data cell all then default default will display current expression but also displays all expressions and all dimensions and expressions.

if Background color need to apply for expression header and dimension header then custom format cell for expression header and dimension header need to select separately.

I hope this answer will help you.