Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can't seem to get set analysis to work

Hi Community,  I'm trying to get the set anaylis to the count of request id's where 3 fields have selections.  I want the [Tech Name] field to be NA, I want the [Request Data Type] to be created, and I want the [Status] field to be anyhing but "Waiting for Approval" or "Closed".  I've tried it a couple differenet ways but none give me the correct value for some reason.

Way A:

count(

{1<[Request ID]=P({1<[Tech Name] = {"NA"}>})*P({1<[Request Data Type] = {"Created"}>})*E({1<[Status] = {"Waiting for Approval","Closed"}>})

>}

[Request ID]

)

Way B:

count(

{1<[Tech Name] = {'NA'},

[Request Data Type] = {'Created'}

[Status] = {'Waiting for Approval'}

>}

[Request ID]

)

Way C:

count(

{1<[Status] =- {'Closed'}>*<[Request Date Type]={'Created'}>*<[Tech Name] = {'NA'}>}

[Request ID]

)

11 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Brandon,

I think the original suggested expression should work (assuming that we are looking at the unassigned requests gauge chart and the tickets created vs pending table.

Both are showing 16 now. Am I missing something?

I you select in the list boxes for comparision, you need to take care that you start with a cleared selection, thus preventing that some field values are not possible to select because of other selection (i.e. excluded), then you select all possible values and clear the other field (or change to another selection in that field), and you won't see that you missed a possible value for the linked field.

I noted in your posted sample, that you used a set modifier for the Request Data Type field twice. I wouldn't do that, I believe only one definition will be used (you can't add field set modifiers like that, if that was your intention).

Regards,

Stefan

Not applicable
Author

Sheesh Stefan,  I could have sworn that was exactly what I had in the script.  Maybe I was just missing a comma or something like that.  It works, and I must have had some error before, but it is what I thought I had!