Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scotthan
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Can we make this pivot table?

I have attached data for two tables in an Excel sheet and also in that same sheet included an example of how I would like to see this data.  There are two challenges I'm running into. 

First challenge is that I would like to be able to "pivot" multiple dimensions that are similar in functionality.  In my example, Test Class and Test are pivoted such that for each test class you can see which test we are looking at, and see the result.  Next to these in the chart are two fields with similar functionality Unrelated Test Class and Unrelated Test Type.  You can see how I have also pivoted these in my display table in Excel but they do not "overlap" with the first two dimensions that I pivoted.  I don't see a way to do this in Qlikview.  Note: concatenating the two data tables in my Excel sheet might be tempting but I'm not sure if that would be possible in the real data model that this example emulates.

Second challenge is that I would like to be able to see a Results column at the end of the Qlikview table which tells me if there was anything wrong in all of the measurements in that line. I don't see a way to do this either.

I'm sure there are different ways to approach this and I'd be interested in hearing the community's thoughts? Thanks!

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

The attached is the closest I could get.  Well, was a little lazy to have word 'PROBLEM' in plural 'PROBLEMS' when there is more than one - you can fix it.

Hope it will be helpful.

Regards,

Michael