Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can you select records without dynamically filtering them?

Hello!

I have a dashboard in which one sheet I make certain selections and commit these to the project. In the next sheet I have a chart that populates with the current selections, along with a button that allows you to remove the given selections from scope. I want the user to be able to select multiple values in the chart and then hit the button to remove them. However, the way qlikview works, whenever I select a value on the chart, it dynamically filters to just show those selections. Is what I'm describing possible??

Thanks!

5 Replies
Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

You may have listbox next to chart, you can hit control button and then drag selections. After selecting, right click on it and click 'Select Excluded' from the listbox.

Not applicable
Author

Is there any way to do this without having to CTRL and select? I am trying to make this as user friendly to people that aren't familiar with QlikView.

For example, I have sheet 'A' in which the user makes selections on certain countries and cities. These selections populate a chart in sheet 'B' called "Selections". (If the user does not choose anything on sheet A, the Selections chart would be blank.) I am looking to develop a way for the user to remove any given selections from the Selections chart in sheet B if they desire to remove certain country/city combinations. The thought is that the user could click on one row from the Selections chart and then with that highlighted, they could click a button that would remove it. I want to give the user time to visualize the selections highlighted and then choose to remove them all through the power of the button, rather than having the simple action of clicking on the Selections chart be what updates everything. Does that make sense or sound feasible?

Thanks again!

Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

Hi Kelly,

Just tried a sample using a dummy example. Find the attached example..you can use this logic and extend it based on your requirement.

Siva

Not applicable
Author

Hi Siva,

Thank you for sending me the example. I think I can achieve what I'm hoping to do with your example. Can you guide me to where the actual action is within the button that removes the selected values from the chart? I see the Select Excluded Action in the properties section, but when I try this on my own version nothing gets excluded, the chart just goes back to normal.

Thank you!

Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

Hi Kelly,

If you right click on the 'Exclude Button' you will see the actions in Button properties window. Find the screenshot below for help.

Capture.JPG

Siva